Thursday, September 9, 2010

Apartment Update

As it's the Eid vacation for the College (though not the Muslim world yet!), I have some time to make some updates to this blog.
For example, Mark Hartt, one of my new buddies, came on the first day of the holidays to install the shower rod in my bathroom, so I can now take proper showers. The problem was that I needed an L-shaped rod, which wasn't easy to obtain. In the end, I bought three different shower rod kits and we made something workable out of two of them. For those of you who'd been to my apartment in Montreal, you'll recognize the shower curtain :-)



To give the rod extra support, Mark looped a cord around the light fixture, adding a dash of colour ;-) Thanks for your handyman experise, Mark! 



The other update to tell you about is that I had a roommate until this afternoon. Meet Jorge the Gecko!



Jorge and I had been startling each other in the various rooms of the apartment since I moved in. One afternoon after work, I found him in the kitchen sink, so I took the opportunity to snap some pix of him. Then I realized that he couldn't climb the stainless steel walls and was trapped. So I put one of the shower rod kits into the sink and hoped he'd use it as a ladder to find his way out...



He did, but then seemed to like the kitchen alot and was hiding under the stove (which was okay with me) and the coffeemaker (which really wasn't!) So this afternoon, I got Hilary, another of my new buddies, to remove him from my apartment using a plastic container. So now she's Hilary, Gecko Buster! Who're ya gonna call - Gecko Buster ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Aww! How cute! Does he sell insurance too? ;)

    Sounds like you're getting settled in really well. Looking forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete